Transaction Benchmark Data

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:09 PM
I was wondering if there was any data to support the expected and sustainable transaction processing that this framework would support. I am used to seeing TPC benchmarks for SQL Server, and those results are always tied to a certain hardware vendor and configuration.

It would be very nice to see the same type of info for BizTalk in a healthcare application setting. Maybe a standard test could be an ADT message translated through the HL7 Accelerator to an endpoint.

When I talk to customers about putting BizTalk in place of some interface engine process, I immediately get questions about the ability to process large volumes of message traffic and the ability of the solution to “catch up” after a connected system downtime.

Does anyone have guidance on this, and potentially have some metrics to back up the solution?

Thanks,
Jeff
Developer
Mar 22, 2007 at 12:01 AM

mcgeath wrote:
I was wondering if there was any data to support the expected and sustainable transaction processing that this framework would support. I am used to seeing TPC benchmarks for SQL Server, and those results are always tied to a certain hardware vendor and configuration.

It would be very nice to see the same type of info for BizTalk in a healthcare application setting. Maybe a standard test could be an ADT message translated through the HL7 Accelerator to an endpoint.

When I talk to customers about putting BizTalk in place of some interface engine process, I immediately get questions about the ability to process large volumes of message traffic and the ability of the solution to “catch up” after a connected system downtime.

Does anyone have guidance on this, and potentially have some metrics to back up the solution?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi jeff,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I was chasing the official story for this. Basically we don't have any Transaction Benchmarks for HCE at this stage. We're planning to generate some information, but we have some other priorities in the pipeline at this moment, so it will not happen in the near future.

The application was constructed based on Biztalk best practices and scales as well as Biztalk is supposed to. I don't know if would help, but if you want to go ahead and do some investigation yourself, here are two links that you might find interesting:

- http://blogs.msdn.com/biztalkperformance/archive/2005/04/07/406343.aspx
- http://geekswithblogs.net/sthomas/archive/2005/08/05/49288.aspx

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Wagner.